February 16, 2009

New Moon

Yeah, I know, it's been a while since I've been on here. But I have a perfectly good explanation...I've been re-reading New Moon from the Twilight series. I reread Twilight (the 1st book) before the movie came out...and after I read a few other books, I decided it was time to go to New Moon. There are not enough words to explain how I feel about Twilight. Stephanie Meyer is a genius!! Thanks to Maria for getting me hooked onto Twilight. I know this sounds horrible, but I read through the first 2 books on my honeymoon. :)



So the basic story of New Moon is that Edward finally realizes how dangerous it is for Bella to be around his family. Especially Jasper who is still new to the "vegetarian" life style of a vampire. So Edward decides to tell Bella his family is leaving and that he doesn't want to be with her anymore. Of course Bella is devastated and doesn't know what to do with her life. Bella kind of walks around like a zombie for a while, until she starts to hang out with Jacob, an old family friend. She starts to laugh and smile again. She also realizes that when she's doing something stupid and dangerous (the one request Edward made to Bella not to do), she can hear Edward's voice. So she has Jacob rebuild some motor cycles and teach her to ride. She wants Jacob to take her cliff diving. All the while, Jacob is turning into a werewolf...yes, that right a werewolf. Not only does she hang out with vampires, but werewolves too. Well Bella decides to go cliff diving without Jacob and this gets back to Edward, but Edward is told she did this to commit suicide. Edward is crushed and heads to Italy to see the Volteri, who are the leader vampires. He once told Bella you only make them mad if you want to die. So that's what he's planning on doing until Alice and Bella go there to save him. The Volteri find out about Bella being human and being with Edward and his family and make Edward promise that Bella will soon become a vampire so their secret is still safe. Of course, Bella is all for this, Edward, not so much.

I have started Eclipse again as well, and I'll be posting on that book as soon as I'm done. And for the record I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN!!



The Cullen Family
(from left to right: Emmit, Rosalie, Esme, Edward, Carlisle, Alice, and Jasper)



The Trailer for Twilight...comes out on DVD March 21st!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment