April 6, 2009

Second Glance



This book was very different from her other books. I enjoyed it though. Ashley told me it was about ghosts which I know a lot of people don't believe in, but I've believed in ghosts for as long as I can remember. It comes from my grandpa. He was always telling me stories from his childhood and life about ghosts. My dad has also shared stories with me to validate what my grandpa said. I also enjoy the show Ghost Hunters on Wednesday nights at 9 on SciFi. There are some things on that show that just can't be explained other than paranormal activity. Anyway, the book was pretty interesting. Ross is a paranormal investigator, searching for the lost soul/ghost of his fiance, Aimee. He comes back to visit his sister and nephew. He's had a very hard few years. He was engaged and the fiance died in a car crash they were both involved in. While in his sister's hometown he meets a woman, Lia who he ends up falling for. He feels guilty about this because he hasn't loved anyone or tried to open his heart to anyone else since Aimee. Come to find out Lia is actually the ghost of a young woman who killed herself when she thought her newborn baby had died. She's haunting a piece of land, looking for her lost child where her husband, who is now in his 80s or 90s, has sold it to have a strip mall built on it. There were also some surprising twists in the book that I thought were very creative. If you've got an open mind and you're willing to try a different story, I strongly suggest this book!

1 comment:

  1. This one was very different for her, but I liked it once I read it all.

    ReplyDelete