September 9, 2010

2 weeks old

In two weeks, Mike and I have learned many things about our little man. Things he likes, and doesn't. He loves the vacuum cleaner...it seems to calm him. He does not like his diaper changed or getting dressed. He loves to snuggle with mommy and daddy. He loves music and dancing with mommy. He also loves making faces.




Things have been going pretty well in the Thomas household. I'm just extremely tired. I'm sure Mike is tired too, but he deals with sleep deprivation much better than I do. I'm trying to not get stressed out and set a routine yet since Drew is only 2 weeks old. It's hard to let that go. I've been reading Baby Wise and at least trying to do the eat, play, sleep routine. If anyone has any advice about getting little Andrew on a schedule and eventually sleeping through the night, all ideas are appreciated!! Needless to say, this little guy has stolen my heart!

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is to not worry about a schedule! I read all the books the first time around and about made myself sick over it! The main idea is to let them eat every 3 to 4 hours (whenever that may be), play and sleep. If they don't wake up at night... don't wake them up to eat! There is no thing as a set schedule as a newborn because they will dictate everything so you have to be flexible and no that no day is going to be the EXACT same. As he gets older and takes true naps a routine will form that is more concrete and predictable from day to day.

    ReplyDelete