October 21, 2010

The Big Boy Bed


Well we've transitioned into the big boy bed. Drew's room is not very far from ours. We started out doing a couple naps a day in the crib to get him used to the smell and his surroundings. He did great at the naps. So we put him in his room at night time and he seems to be doing well with that too. He gets up every 3-4 hours like he normally does to eat. And then I can lay him back down and he usually makes a small whimper but then falls right back asleep. And yes, I know what you're thinking..."a belly sleeper!" Andrew does great on his belly. He sleeps longer and just seems more peaceful.

We've had a couple of good nights in the last couple weeks. A few nights ago he slept from 9:30-3:45, then woke up again at 8. And last night he slept from 10:45-2:15, then 2:45-7. I feel like I say this all the time, but I think we're working our way to a full nights sleep. It would be nice to start getting the full nights sleep soon since I'll be heading back to work next week.

Speaking of work...I'm pretty excited to go back so I can have my adult interaction again. And I love my job and I'm excited to actually get to know the kids. I was only with them for two weeks at the beginning of the year. I know they're ready for me to come back too. Andrew has been to the babysitter's twice for transition days and has done great.

1 comment: