January 31, 2009

Why I Love My Husband...

This is the first picture Mike and I ever took together. I love it cause you can see his one cute dimple.

1. Where we met -We met at Scott County Park one October day. I was walking Starr and he was running/walking around the walking track and decided to strike up conversation. The rest is history from there.
2. Our first date -We hung out for about a week at each other's apartments before our first official date. We walked around the mall for a bit and then went to eat at Texas Roadhouse. We went to a movie too, but neither of us remembers what we saw. I remember what I wore though!!
3. How long did we date before we were married? -1 year and 9 months
4. How long have been hitched? - 6 months
5. Favorite feature -His eyes (love them) and that one tiny cute dimple mentioned from above.
6. Favorite quality -How laid back he is, and his ability to let things roll of his back. I think I've gotten a little more laid back as time passes, but I have a hard time letting things go sometimes.
7. His nickname for me -nothing specific, just babe, baby, honey...


8. His favorite color - I'm gonna say UK Blue.
9. His favorite sport - Football and probably UK basketball. He can watch other teams, but he enjoys his Cowboys and Wildcats. If you consider karate a sport, then he loves that too.
10. Who said I love you first -He did. We'd been together a little over 3 months. I was sick and had just taken Ny-Quil before we went to bed. I was pretty close to falling asleep and all Ny-Quiled up, when he lifted the pillow off my head that I sleep with every night and whispered I love you in my ear. It was like a dream, I wasn't sure it had really happened. So of course I said it back, we snuggled for a minute, and then I fell asleep cause the Ny-Quil had finally kicked in.
11. Our first kiss, when and where - It was one of the nights we were hanging out at my apartment the first week we met...before our first official date. It was so nice...
12. Favorite couple thing to do - We used to cuddle on the couch every Sunday during football season and watch football, but our couch isn't big enough anymore for both of us to lay down together. I think one of my favorite couple things to do since it doesn't happen very often is when we actually go to bed at the same time, we sit up and talk for a while just about anything and everything.
13. His hidden talent - Most people don't know he's great at martial arts. He took a special type called Shaolin for 6 years. He wants to get back into it...so I'm just waiting.
14. His favorite music -He can honestly listen to just about anything, just like me. But he loves groups like Disturbed, Slipnot, Metallica, Shinedown...the list could really go one, but those are some of his favorites.
15. What I admire most about him -He loves life and doesn't let anything get in the way, even if I'm in a bad mood, he knows exactly what to do to pick me up (feed me or let me nap) and we're back on track. And even though I think his car stuff he does is a waste of money, at least he's passionate about something. Very passionate in fact...just ask our friends...
16. His favorite pastime -playing video games. I can hear him late at night yelling at the tv. Oh and racing his car during the summer months. He'd do it every night if they let him. For some reason his car is just not fast enough...
17. Will he read this - well he doesn't have a blog, but I'll let him read it once he gets home.

1 comment: